March 23, 2018
Dog-Friendly Major League Baseball Games for the 2018 Season
The 2018 Baseball season is officially underway! Did you know that more and more ballparks are adding dog-friendly “Bark in the Park” events to their schedules? We know you pet lovers wouldn’t want to miss out on one of these awesome games, so we’ve collected a list of them below. Play ball!
- Chicago White Sox: The White Sox will host Dog Day on Monday, April 23 at 7:10PM vs the Seattle Mariners. Call 312-674-5244 to purchase tickets.
- Detroit Tigers: The Tigers are hosting two “Bark at the Park” nights at Comerica Park in 2018. The first game is Monday, May 14 at 7:10PM vs the Cleveland Indians, and the second is Monday, September 17 at 7:10PM vs the Minnesota Twins. A portion of the proceeds from these events will go to the Michigan Humane Society. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Houston Astros: Last year’s World Series champs will host their annual Dog Day at Minute Maid Park on Sunday September 2 at 1:10PM vs the Los Angeles Angels. Activities include a costume contest, pregame parade around the field, and more! Click here for more info.
- Kansas City Royals: The Royals hosted three “Bark at The Park” events at Kauffman Stadium last season, but in 2018 they’re adding one more! Dogs are invited to the Tuesday, April 24 game vs the Milwaukee Brewers at 7:15PM, the Wednesday, May 30 game vs the Minnesota Twins at 7:15PM, the Wednesday, August 15 game vs the Wednesday, Toronto Blue Jays at 7:15PM and the Wednesday, September 12 game vs the Chicago White Sox at 7:15PM. Registration is currently available for both the April 19 event and the May 30 event.
- Oakland Athletics: The A’s annual Bark at the Park event will be held on June 29 at 7:05PM, when the A’s take on the Cleveland Indians. All dogs and owners are invited to a pregame party, as well as a Pup Parade on the field. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Dogs4Diabetics and the Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF). More information is coming soon.
- Seattle Mariners: Like the Royals, the Seattle Mariners are also hosting four “Bark at the Park” nights this season. Safeco Field will welcome pups on Tuesday, April 17 (vs. the Houston Astros), Tuesday, May 29 (vs. the Texas Rangers), Thursday, July 5 (vs. the Los Angeles Angels) and Wednesday, September 5 (vs. the Baltimore Orioles), and all will be evening games, starting at 7:10PM. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Tampa Bay Rays: Rays fans won’t have to wait long to take their pups to Tropicana Field! The park will host a “Dog Day at the Rays” on Sunday, April 15 at 1:10PM vs the Philadelphia Phillies. Hurry up, Rays fans, because the deadline to order tickets is Thursday, April 12 at 11:59 p.m. ET!
- Texas Rangers: The Rangers “Bark in the Park” is coming up even sooner then the Rays’ event – Saturday, April 7 at 7:05PM vs the Toronto Blue Jays! Be sure to get to the park early for the pre-game dog parade around the warning track. Click here for ticket information.
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2018 home schedule:
- Boston Red Sox
- Baltimore Orioles
- Cleveland Indians
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Minnesota Twins
- New York Yankees
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Arizona Diamondbacks: The D’backs are hosting a “Bark at the Park” on Sunday, May 6 during their 1:10PM game versus the Houston Astros. Be sure to arrive early to participate in the pre-game Puppy Parade on the warning track at Chase Field! Click here for ticket information. And thanks to Phoenix-based pet retailer PetSmart, dogs will be welcome in at Chase Field for 17 “Dog Days of Summer” Sunday and Monday games! Dog owners and their pets will have their own dedicated seating and concessions area, PetSmart Patio, and their own indoor/outdoor dog park, PetSmart Park. These dog-friendly ticket packages are available here. How cool is that?
- Atlanta Braves: “Bark in the Park” is back at SunTrust Park for 2018! Take your pup to the park for the Sunday, May 20 game vs the Miami Marlins at 1:35PM. Every dog who attends will receive a Braves leash to wear proudly around town. Tickets are very limited, though, so click here to pick them up today.
- Cincinnati Reds: Cincinnatians will get FOUR chances to bring their dog to see their favorite team play at Great American Ball Park. The Reds are hosting “Bark in the Park” events at the following games: Tuesday, May 8 vs. the New York Mets at 7:10PM; Tuesday, June 5 vs. the Colorado Rockies at 7:10PM; Wednesday, August 29 vs. the Milwaukee Brewers at 7:10PM; and Tuesday, September 25 vs. the Kansas City Royals at 6:40PM. To participate in the pregame pet parade on the warning track, be sure to arrive at least 40 minutes prior to the first pitch. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Colorado Rockies: The Rockies are hosting a “Bark at the Park” event at Coors Field on Wednesday, August 22 at 6:40PM vs. the San Diego Padres. The special “Bark in the Park” tickets aren’t available yet, but check back here soon to get yours.
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Attention, LA dog parents! You and your pup are invited to Dodger Stadium for “Pups at the Park” on Saturday, April 14 for the 6:10pm game vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Dodgers will donate a portion of the proceeds to Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation. This game’s coming up soon – get your tickets here!
- Milwaukee Brewers: The Brewers are hosting their second annual “Bark at the Park” event at Miller Park on Thursday, May 24 at 7:10PM vs. the New York Mets. All dogs will receive a Brewers dog leash, and a portion of all Bark in Park ticket packages will go to the Wisconsin Humane Society and Animal Rescue Foundation. The pregame dog parade is already sold out, but tickets for the game are still available here!
- New York Mets: Mets fans will have THREE chances to take their dogs to Citi Field this season. The Mets’ first “Bark at the Park” is coming up VERY soon on Monday, April 2 vs the Philadelphia Phillies at 7:10PM. If you miss this game, you’ll have two more chances: Saturday, May 5 at 7:10PM vs. the Colorado Rockies and Monday, September 10 at 7:10PM vs. the Miami Marlins. A portion of the dog ticket and of the human ticket will benefit North Shore Animal League America (April 2 and September 10) and the Animal Rescue Foundation (May 5). Click here for tickets and more information.
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Pittsburgh Pirates must be HUGE dogs fans, as they’re opening PNC Park to pups for EVERY Tuesday night home game in 2018. The “Pup Nights at PNC Park” dates are: April 17 vs. the Colorado Rockies (with a Pirates dog bowl giveaway); April 24 vs. the Detroit Tigers (with a Pirates dog toy giveaway); May 15 vs. the Chicago White Sox; May 29 vs. the Chicago Cubs; June 5 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers; June 19 vs. the Milwaukee Brewers; July 10 vs. the Washington Nationals; July 31 vs. the Chicago Cubs; August 21 vs. the Atlanta Braves; September 4 vs. the Cincinnati Reds; and September 18 vs. the Kansas City Royals. All games start at 7:05PM. With so many options, you’d be silly NOT buy a ticket (or three)!
- San Diego Padres: The Padres play in Petco Park, so you bet they have a dog-friendly game on their schedule! The Padres are hosting “Dog Days of Summer” event on Tuesday, June 19 vs. the Oakland Athletics at 7:10PM. More registration information will be available in May on the Padres’ website.
- San Francisco Giants: AT&T Park is hosting a “Dog Days of Summer” event during the Giants game on Sunday, August 26 at 1:05PM vs. the Texas Rangers. Be sure to arrive before the game to participate in the pre-game parade and pet costume contest! Click here for tickets and more information.
- St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals are hosting the 14th Annual “Purina Pooches in the Ballpark” at Busch Stadium on Saturday, May 5 at 1:15PM vs. the Chicago Cubs. All participants will receive a Cardinals pet treat jar and a Purina goodie-bag, and before the game, there will be a pre-game costume parade around the warning track. So get those costumes ready, pups and get your tickets when they go on sale on Wednesday March 28th at 10AM CT!
- Washington Nationals: Back by “pup-ular” demand, the Nationals are excited to welcome dogs into Nationals Park for SIX games this season! “Pups in the Park” will be held during the follow games: Sunday, April 8 at 8:08PM vs. the New York Mets; Sunday, April 29 at 1:35PM vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks; Saturday, May 19 at 7:05PM vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers; Saturday, June 23 at 4:05PM vs. the Philadelphia Phillies; Friday, September 7 at 7:05PM vs. the Chicago Cubs; and Tuesday, September 25 at 7:05PM vs. the Miami Marlins. Proceeds from your pup’s ticket will benefit Humane Rescue Alliance in Washington, DC. Click here for tickets and more information.
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2018 home schedule:
- Chicago Cubs
- Miami Marlins
- Philadelphia Phillies
Note: Check your team’s website for more information about these events and event requirements (size limit, vaccination records, etc.).
We’ve chosen to focus on MLB teams in this post, but there are plenty of minor league teams that have similar pet-themed events. Check out your team’s website to see if they have a dog-friendly event coming up!
Know about any dog-friendly baseball events in your area that we missed? Tell us in the comments, or share them on our Facebook page!