October 9, 2018
DogWatch 2018 Halloween Photo Contest – ENTER TODAY!
Calling all Halloween-loving pets and pet parents – the DogWatch 2018 Halloween Photo Contest is here! Starting today, share a photo of your dog in his or her costume on our Facebook wall or via Instagram using the hashtag #DogWatchHalloween. Cats and other pet photos are welcome too. Please also include your pet’s name and breed. The DogWatch team will share the photos on Facebook all month long, and after Halloween, we’ll announce the winners.
The first place winner will receive either a gift basket filled with $75 worth of dog treats, toys and goodies OR your choice of a DogWatch Training Product. And new this year, a $100 donation will be made in the winner’s name to a pet-related charity of their choice.
Selected runners-up photos will also be shared on our blog and social media, so stay tuned.
The contest ends at 12:00PM Thursday, November 1, 2018. Winners will be announced on Friday, November 2, 2018 on our Facebook page and right here on DogTails. We look forward to seeing your dogs in their Halloween finery!
Remember, don’t forget to tag your photos with #DogWatchHalloween – see examples below! And follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@dogwatchfence) for more great pet photos all year ’round.
DogWatch Halloween Photo Contest Rules
- To enter, sharing a photo(s) of your pet(s) in costume on Instagram or Facebook and include the hashtag #DogWatchHalloween. Please also include pet’s name and breed.
- The contest will run from 12:00PM Tuesday, October 9, 2018 through 12:00PM Thursday, November 1, 2018.
- The winning photos will be determined by the DogWatch team. Criteria for judging includes creativity, photo composition and quality, attitude of the dog and number of likes and comments on Facebook and Instagram.
- Please keep the retouching and enhancing of your photos to a minimum. Instagram filters are OK, but too much obvious Photoshop work will affect judging.
- DogWatch employees, Dealers and their families are not eligible. (Sorry!)
- We will contact the winner via Facebook or Instagram on Thursday, November 1, 2018. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, the runner up will be selected.
- The first place winner will receive either a dog-friendly gift basket valued at $75 OR their choice of a DogWatch Training Product, including the BigLeash® Remote Trainer, the SideWalker® Leash Trainer or the BarkCollar™. In addition, a $100 donation will be made in the winner’s name to a pet-related charity or non-profit organization of their choice.
- The winning photo and several honorable mentions will be shared on the DogTails blog and via DogWatch’s social media accounts.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email us. Now get those cameras out, costumes on, and say cheese!
Dog in featured image is Lola the Boston Terrier. See more of her fantastic photos at @lola.b.boston on Instagram and Facebook.
Dogs in Rules image are Nika and Kira, a pair of Siberian Huskies from Madison, WI. Follow them at @2husketeers on Instagram for more wonderful pics.