March 28, 2019
Dog-Friendly Major League Baseball Games for the 2019 Season
The 2019 Baseball season is officially underway! Did you know more and more MLB teams are inviting fans to bring their dogs to the ballpark for selected games? Find out if your favorite team hosting a “Bark in the Park” event this season by checking out our list below. Don’t miss out, share with your friends, and let’s play ball!
- Baltimore Orioles: Get ready for two “Bark at Oriole Park” events this season! The first event will be held on Wednesday, May 29 at 7:05PM vs the Detroit Tigers, and the second on Tuesday, September 10 at 7:05PM vs the Los Angeles Dodgers. To request more information, fill out this form on the Orioles’ website.
- Chicago White Sox: The White Sox will host two Dog Days this season: the first on Monday, April 29 at 7:10PM vs the Baltimore Orioles, and the second on Tuesday, September 10 at 7:10PM vs the Kansas City Royals. Call (312) 674-5244 or email email@example.com to purchase tickets.
- Detroit Tigers: The Tigers are hosting three “Bark at the Park” nights at Comerica Park in 2019. The first game is Tuesday, May 21 at 7:10PM vs the Miami Marlins, the second is on Tuesday, June 25 at 7:10PM vs the Texas Rangers, and the third is Monday, September 16 at 4:10PM vs the Baltimore Orioles. Like last year, a portion of the proceeds from these events will go to the Michigan Humane Society. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Houston Astros: The Astros will host their annual Dog Day at Minute Maid Park on Sunday, August 25 at 1:10PM vs the Los Angeles Angels. Click here for more info (coming soon!).
- Kansas City Royals: Royals fans will have THREE chances to enjoy a game at Kauffman Stadium with their pup this season! “Bark at the Park” events are scheduled for Monday, April 29 at 7:15PM vs the Tampa Bay Rays, Wednesday, May 15 at 7:15PM vs the Texas Rangers, and Tuesday, September 3 at 7:15PM vs the Detroit Tigers. The April 29 game ticket packages are $45 and include a Royals LED light-up dog collar and a donation to the Humane Society of Greater KC. Registration is currently available for both the April 29 event and the May 15 event.
- Oakland Athletics: The A’s annual Bark at the Park event at the Oakland Coliseum will be held on Friday, June 21 at 7:07PM, when the A’s take on the Tampa Bay Rays. More information is coming soon on the A’s website, or you can call (510) 638-4627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seattle Mariners: The canine-crazy Seattle Mariners are hosting four “Bark at the Park” nights this season. T-Mobile Park will welcome pups on Sunday, April 14 at 1:10PM (vs. the Houston Astros), Tuesday, May 28 at 7:10PM (vs. the Texas Rangers), Monday, July 22 at 7:10PM (vs. the Texas Rangers) and Thursday, September 12 at 7:10PM (vs. the Cincinnati Reds). Click here for tickets and more information.
- Tampa Bay Rays: Tropicana Field is going to the dogs! The Rays will host a “Dog Day at the Rays” on Saturday, June 15 at 1:10PM vs the Los Angeles Angels. Hurry up, Rays fans, because the deadline to order tickets is June 13 at 11:59PM ET!
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2019 home schedule:
- Boston Red Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- Los Angeles Angels
- Minnesota Twins
- New York Yankees
- Texas Rangers
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Arizona Diamondbacks: The D’backs are hosting a “Bark at the Park” on Friday, May 10 during their 6:40PM game vs the Atlanta Braves. Click here for ticket information. $5 from every ticket sold benefits Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA. And thanks to Phoenix-based pet retailer PetSmart, dogs will be welcome in at Chase Field for 13 “Dog Days of Summer” weekend games! Dog owners and their pets will have their own dedicated seating and concessions area, PetSmart Patio, and their own indoor/outdoor dog park, PetSmart Charities Park. These dog-friendly ticket packages are available here. How cool is that?
- Atlanta Braves: “Bark in the Park” is coming soon to SunTrust Park – on Sunday, April 7 to be exact! Unfortunately, tickets are already sold out. But if you’re up for a road trip to Phoenix, Cincinnati, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, or Washington, DC, you could still get dog-friendly tickets to several of the Braves’ away games – see those teams’ listing for details!
- Cincinnati Reds: Cincinnatians will get FOUR chances to bring their dog to see their favorite team play at Great American Ball Park. The Reds are hosting “Bark in the Park” events at the following games: Thursday, April 25 vs. the Atlanta Braves at 6:40PM; Tuesday, May 14 vs. the Chicago Cubs at 6:40PM; Monday, June 17 vs. the Houston Astros at 7:10PM; and Tuesday, September 3 vs. the Philadelphia Phillies at 6:40PM. To participate in the pregame pet parade on the warning track, be sure to arrive at least 40 minutes prior to the first pitch. Click here for tickets and more information. They will also be dogs available for adoption through the SPCA Cincinnati Organization in attendance – maybe you can enjoy the game AND meet your new furry BFF!
- Colorado Rockies: The Rockies are hosting a “Bark at the Park” event at Coors Field on Tuesday, August 13 at 6:40PM vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks. Attendees will enjoy a pre-game pet parade around the warning track, and take home a Bark at the Park/Rockies themed water bowl and dog bandana. This event is always popular and tickets are extremely limited, so get yours today!
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Attention, LA dog parents! You and your pup are invited to Dodger Stadium for “Pups at the Park” on Saturday, May 11 for the 6:10pm game vs. the Washington Nationals. The Dodgers will donate a portion of the proceeds to Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation. Get your tickets here. And show up early – you don’t want to miss the Pup Parade, with starts at 5PM!
- Milwaukee Brewers: The Brewers are hosting their third annual “Bark at the Park” event at Miller Park on Tuesday, July 16 at 7:10PM vs. the Atlanta Braves. All dogs will receive a Brewers rope-style dog toy, and a portion of all Bark at the Park ticket packages will go to the Wisconsin Humane Society and Animal Rescue Foundation. Tickets for the game are available here!
- New York Mets: Mets fans will have THREE chances to take their dogs to Citi Field this season. The Mets’ first “Bark at the Park” is on Monday, April 22 vs the Philadelphia Phillies at 7:10PM. If you miss that game, you’ll have two more chances: Tuesday, May 21 at 7:10PM vs. the Washington Nationals and Monday, September 26 at 7:10PM vs. the Miami Marlins. A portion of the dog ticket and of the human ticket will benefit North Shore Animal League America. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Pittsburgh Pirates must be HUGE dogs fans, as they’re once again opening PNC Park to pups for EVERY Tuesday home game in 2019. The “Pup Nights at PNC Park” dates are: April 23 vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks; May 7 vs. the Texas Rangers; May 21 vs. the Colorado Rockies; June 4 vs. the Atlanta Braves; June 18 vs. the Detroit Tigers; July 2 vs. the Chicago Cubs; July 23 vs. the St. Louis Cardinals; August 6 vs. the Milwaukee Brewers; August 20 vs. the Washington Nationals; September 3 vs. the Miami Marlins; September 17 vs. the Seattle Mariners and September 24 vs. the Chicago Cubs. All games start at 7:05PM. With so many options, you’d be silly NOT buy a ticket (or three)!
- San Diego Padres: The Padres play in Petco Park, so you bet they have a dog-friendly game on their schedule! The Padres are hosting a “Bark at the Park” event on Tuesday, April 16 vs. the Colorado Rockies at 6:10PM. Attendees will get a limited-edition Padres-theme Collapsible pet bowl. You can purchase tickets now on the Padres’ website.
- St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals are hosting the 15th Annual “Purina Pooches in the Ballpark” at Busch Stadium on Saturday, May 25 at 6:15PM vs. the Atlanta Braves. Once again, there will be a pre-game costume parade around the warning track, with a chance to win cool prizes! All participants will receive a Purina goodie-bag and dog bowl. So get those costumes ready, pups and get your tickets when they go on sale on Wednesday, April 17!
- Washington Nationals: Back by “pup-ular” demand, the Nationals are excited to welcome dogs into Nationals Park for SIX games this season! “Pups in the Park” will be held during the follow games: Sunday, March 31 at 2:35PM vs. the New York Mets; Saturday, April 27 at 4:05PM vs. the San Diego Padres; Sunday, May 26 at 1:35PM vs. the Miami Marlins; Thursday, June 13 at 7:05PM vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks; Friday, September 13 at 7:05PM vs. the Atlanta Braves; and Saturday, September 28 at 4:05PM vs. the Cleveland Indians. Proceeds from your pup’s ticket will benefit Humane Rescue Alliance in Washington, DC. Click here for tickets and more information.
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2018 home schedule:
- Chicago Cubs
- Miami Marlins
- Philadelphia Phillies
- San Francisco Giants
Note: Check your team’s website for more information about these events and event requirements (size limit, vaccination records, etc.).
We’ve chosen to focus on MLB teams in this post, but there are plenty of minor league teams that have similar pet-themed events. Check out your team’s website to see if they have a dog-friendly event coming up!
Know about any dog-friendly baseball events in your area that we missed? Tell us in the comments, or share them on our Facebook page!