April 3, 2023
Dog-Friendly Major League Baseball Games for the 2023 Season
The 2023 Baseball season is officially underway! Did you know over a dozen MLB teams are inviting fans to bring their dogs to the ballpark for selected games? Find out if your favorite team hosting a “Bark in the Park” event this season by checking out our list below. Don’t miss out, share with your friends, and let’s play ball!
- Chicago White Sox: The White Sox will host a “Dog Day” at Guaranteed Rate Field on Tuesday, May 2, when the Sox face the Minnesota Twins. Click here for more info, or email email@example.com.
- Detroit Tigers: Tigers fans – don’t miss your chance to bring your dog to Comerica Park and enjoy THREE Detroit Tigers games with your furry friend! The 2023 Bark in the Park dates are: Tuesday, May 30 vs. the Texas Rangers; Tuesday, August 29 vs. the New York Yankees; and Wednesday, September 13 vs the Cincinnati Reds. Plus, each ticket includes a donation to Michigan Humane. Click here for more info and to order your tickets today.
- Houston Astros: The reigning champs will host their annual Dog Day at Minute Maid Park on Sunday, August 20 at 12:05PM vs the Seattle Mariners. Plan on getting to the park early, because the first 500 dogs to enter the ballpark will receive a special Astros themed dog item. Tickets go on sale on June 27 – click here for more info.
- Kansas City Royals: Royals fans will have FOUR chances to enjoy a game at Kauffman Stadium with their pup this season! “Bark at the Park” events are scheduled for: Tuesday, April 18 vs the Texas Rangers; Tuesday, May 9 vs the Chicago White Sox; Tuesday, September 5 vs the Chicago White Sox; and Tuesday, September 19 vs the Cleveland Guardians. Each special game ticket also includes a cool Royals doggie giveaway, and a portion of the proceeds from these events will go to local pet rescue organizations. Order your tickets here.
- Oakland Athletics: A’s fans have a plethora of chances to enjoy a “Bark in the Park” this season! Tuesday home games at Oakland Coliseum are going to the dogs. Choose from the following dates: Tuesday, May 30 (vs. the Atlanta Braves), Tuesday, June 13 (vs. the Tampa Bay Rays), Tuesday, June 27 (vs. the New York Yankees), Tuesday, July 18 (vs. the Boston Red Sox), Tuesday, August 8 (vs. the Texas Rangers), Tuesday, August 22 (vs. the Kansas City Royals), Tuesday, September 5 (vs. the Toronto Blue Jays) and Tuesday, September 19 (vs. the Seattle Mariners). Click here to learn more.
- Seattle Mariners: The canine-crazy Seattle Mariners are hosting five “Bark at the Park” nights this season – starting tonight Monday, April 3! T-Mobile Park will also welcome pups on Thursday, May 25 (vs. the Oakland A’s), Monday, July 17 (vs. the Minnesota Twins), Wednesday, August 9 (vs. the San Diego Padres) and Monday, September 11 (vs. the Los Angeles Angels). All games start at 6:40pm. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Tampa Bay Rays: Tropicana Field is going to the dogs! The Rays will host a “Dog Day at the Rays” on Sunday, April 23 at 1:40PM vs the Chicago White Sox. For just $30 this specially priced ticket package includes a seat for you and your best pal in the Rays Party Deck and a Rays Dog Day themed item. Click here to buy tickets.
- Texas Rangers: Bring your dog to Globe Life Field on Sunday, May 21 at 1:35 pm to cheer on the Rangers vs Colorado Rockies! For more information, visit the team’s website or contact Emily Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2023 home schedule:
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Red Sox
- Cleveland Guardians
- Los Angeles Angels
- Minnesota Twins
- New York Yankees
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Arizona Diamondbacks: Join the D-backs with your canine companions at Chase Field for “Bark at the Park” on Sunday, May 7 as the D-backs take on the Washington Nationals at 1:10PM. A portion of each ticket sold will be donated to the Animal Rescue Foundation. Each dog ticket will also include a s“wag” bag and opportunity to be part of a pre-game puppy parade at 11:30AM. Get tickets and more info here.
- Cincinnati Reds: Cincinnatians will get FOUR chances to bring their dog to see their favorite team play at Great American Ball Park. The Reds are hosting “Bark in the Park” events at the following games: Tuesday, May 9 vs. the New York Mets at 6:40PM; Wednesday, June 7 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers at 7:10PM; Monday, August 7 vs. the Miami Marlins at 6:40PM; and Wednesday, September 6 vs. the Seattle Mariners at 6:40PM. Click here for tickets and more information. They will also be dogs available for adoption through the SPCA Cincinnati Organization in attendance – maybe you can enjoy the game AND meet your new furry BFF!
- Miami Marlins: Florida is going to the dogs! The Miami Marlins are hosting five “Bark at the Park” nights this season – starting tonight Monday, April 3! If you can’t make tonight’s game, pick up your tickets for one these upcoming games at LoanDepot Park: Monday, April 17 at 6:40PM (vs. the San Francisco Giants), Sunday, May 14 at 1:40PM (vs. the Cincinnati Reds), Monday, June 5 at 6:40PM (vs. the Kansas City Royals) and Sunday, June 25 at 1:40PM (vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates). Click here for tickets and more information.
- New York Mets: Mets fans will have THREE chances to take their dogs to Citi Field this season. The Mets’ first “Bark at the Park” is on Tuesday, April 11 vs the San Diego Padres at 7:10PM. If you miss that game, you’ll have two more chances: Wednesday, May 31 at 7:10PM vs. the Philadelphia Phillies, and Tuesday, September 12 at 7:10PM vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks. Click here for tickets and more information.
- Philadelphia Phillies: Bring your dog to join the Phillies for Bark at the Park taking place at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday, May 23 when the Phillies host the Arizona Diamondbacks at 6:40PM. Plus, each dog will receive an exclusive Bark at the Park bandana! This event is limited to the first 350 dogs, so act fast and get your tickets today!
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Pittsburgh Pirates must be HUGE dogs fans, as they’re once again opening PNC Park to pups for EVERY Tuesday home game in 2023. The “Pup Nights at PNC Park” dates are: April 11 vs. Houston; April 25 vs. Los Angeles; May 9 vs. Colorado; May 23 vs. Texas; June 6 vs. Oakland; June 20 vs. Chicago Cubs; June 27 vs. San Diego; July 18 vs. Cleveland; August 1 vs. Detroit; August 8 vs. Atlanta; August 22 vs. St. Louis; September 5 vs. Milwaukee; and September 12 vs. Washington. With so many options, you’d be silly NOT buy a ticket (or three)!
- San Diego Padres: The Padres play in Petco Park, so you bet they have some dog-friendly games on their schedule! The first “Bark at the Park” event of the 2023 season is already sold out, but you can still get tickets to three more Bark at the Parks this season! The dates are: Tuesday, May 16 (vs. the Kansas City Royals), Tuesday, June 6 (vs. the Seattle Mariners) and Thursday, August 17 (vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks). Attendees will get a unique pet-friendly giveaway at each game. You can purchase tickets now on the Padres’ website.
- San Francisco Giants: Dog Days of Summer return to Oracle Park on Sunday, June 11! The Giants are inviting fans and their dogs to cheer on their team when they play the Chicago Cubs. The special event ticket package includes a ticket to the game and Dog Days bandana, plus access to the pregame dog parade around the warning track! Partial ticket proceeds to benefit San Francisco SPCA.
- St. Louis Cardinals: The Cardinals are hosting the 18th Annual “Purina Pooches in the Ballpark” at Busch Stadium on Saturday, May 6 at 1:15PM vs. the Detroit Tigers. Fans who purchase a special Pooches ticket can enjoy the game with their pooch in style, featuring all-inclusive seats with food and drinks included! All participants will also receive a Purina goodie-bag. Click here to get your tickets.
- Washington Nationals: Back by “pup-ular” demand, the Nationals are excited to welcome dogs into Nationals Park for SIX games this season! “Pups in the Park” will be held during the follow games: Sunday, April 16 at 1:35PM vs. the Cleveland Guardians; Friday, May 19 at 7:05PM vs. the Detroit Tigers; Wednesday, June 7 at 7:05PM vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks; Wednesday, August 16 at 7:05PM vs. the Boston Red Sox; Tuesday, September 5 at 7:05PM vs. the New York Mets; and Saturday, September 23 at 1:05PM vs. the Atlanta Braves. All proceeds from your pup’s ticket will benefit Humane Rescue Alliance in Washington, DC. Click here for tickets and more information.
The following teams have no dog-friendly games or events listed on their 2023 home schedule:
- Atlanta Braves
- Chicago Cubs
- Colorado Rockies (check here for updates)
- Los Angeles Dodgers (check here for updates)
- Milwaukee Brewers
Note: Check your team’s website for more information about these events and event requirements (size limit, vaccination records, etc.).
We’ve chosen to focus on MLB teams in this post, but there are plenty of minor league teams that have similar pet-themed events. Check out your team’s website to see if they have a dog-friendly event coming up!
Know about any dog-friendly baseball events in your area that we missed? Tell us in the comments, or share them on our Facebook page!
Arizona Diamondbacks’ Bark at the Park at Chase Field.