When you think of industry conferences, what comes to mind? Business suits, dreary hotel ballrooms, awkward networking and boring product pitches, maybe? Well, BlogPaws 2016, an annual gathering of pet bloggers and pet brands held last week in Phoenix, AZ, is not your average conference. Why?
- The attendees were enthuisatic, creative pet bloggers and pet industry folks who love what they do and do what they love.
- The agenda was filled with engaging seminars, valuable workshops and inspiring keynote speakers including Pamela Slim and Pamela Wilson.
- Pets were not merely welcome but encouraged, and of course, they were the true stars of the show!
DogWatch team member Jackie attended BlogPaws this year for the first time. In addition to learning more about the ever-changing world of blogging and social media, Jackie enjoyed getting to know all the unique and talented bloggers and meeting their adorable pets! It’s clear that the men and women of BlogPaws 2016 are dedicated to celebrating animals, sharing their amazing stories and keeping them safe and happy at home and around the world.
While we count down the days until BlogPaws 2017 (next May 18-20 in Myrtle Beach, SC), click on the featured image above or the thumbnails below to enjoy a fun slideshow of photos from this year’s conference!
- BlogPaws 2016 brought together pet bloggers from across the country, including: Abby with Jasper the therapy rat of “Healing Whiskers” and “The Chestnut Mutts”; Teri with Coco of “Coco, the Couture Cat”; and Rochelle with (cardboard) Henry of “The Broke Dog”
- The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort in Chandler, AZ (near Phoenix) hosted this fun event!
- Rosie the Basset Hound, and Kona the Shih Tzu of K9 Carry All greeted us on the first day.
- DogWatch loves cats, too! Poe the Sphinx (left) and Sampson the orange Tabby (right) were two of the cool kitties we met at BlogPaws.
- Two super-cool cat beds from Parasol Pets and ShopMeoow.com on display in the Cat Style Lounge.
- A highlight of the evening activities included Friday night’s “Pawject Runway” contest presented by Red Roof Inn.
- DogWatch team member Jackie bonds with a super-sweet “Pawject Runway” participant named Bella of “Dog Only Knows.”
- A snapshot of the beautiful, serene surroundings of the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, located within the Gila River Indian Community.
- Three photogenic BlogPaws attendees: Louie the French Bulldog of “The French Dog”; Emmy the Sheltie of “Kama Loves Agility”; and Sophia Loren the Pomeranian of “Little Dog in the Big City.”
- “CONTENT,” echoes Pamela Wilson in her Saturday afternoon keynote speech.
- Bella the Blue Heeler of “Tiffany’s Diamond Dogs” and Sugar the Golden Retriever of “Golden Woofs” get ready for the big red carpet event on Saturday night.
- Cats take the lead, and are first to “walk” the Nose to Nose Awards red carpet.
- These three dog ladies were dressed to the nines! From left: Chai Latte the Chihuahua; Jasmine the Havanese of “My Favorite Pup Jasmine”; and Nevada the Chihuahua with mom Terry.
- More red carpet cuties (clockwise from top left): Dexter the Cocker Spaniel of “Fidose of Reality”; Annabella the Pomeranian; a Jack Russell in a perfect doggie tux; Marcuz and Marylin the ferrets; Sinead the Boston Terrier; and Summer the Somali cat of “Sparkle Cat.”
- A sweet senior golden retriever takes a break on the red carpet. It was quite a busy few days for these dogs!
- Surfin’ Jack of Lucy Pet Products says it’s time for bed, BlogPaws 2016! See you in 2017!
Blogs and Brands featured in the slideshow include the following:
The Broke Dog
The Chestnut Mutts and Healing Whiskers
Coco, The Couture Cat
Dog Only Knows
Fidose of Reality
Golden Woofs: Sugar the Golden Retriever
Kama Loves Agility
K9 Carry All
Little Dog in the Big City
Lucy Pet Products
My Favorite Pup Jasmine