October 12, 2022
DogWatch 2022 Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest – ENTER TODAY!
Calling all spooky pets and pet parents – The DogWatch 2022 Halloween Photo Contest is here! Starting today, share a photo of your dog in his or her costume in the comments on the post on our Facebook page or via Instagram using the hashtag #DogWatchHalloween. Cats and other pet photos are welcome too. Please also include your pet’s name and breed. On Halloween day, we’ll announce the winners!
For the first place winner, we’ll make a $500 donation in your name to the pet charity of your choice, plus you will receive either a gift basket filled with $75 worth of dog treats, toys and goodies OR your choice of a DogWatch Training Product. It’s a win-win!
Selected runners-ups will also receive prizes and have their photos shared on our blog and social media, so stay tuned.
The contest ends at 11:59PM EST on Sunday, October 30, 2022. Winners will be announced on Monday, October 31, 2022 on our Facebook page and right here on DogTails. Check out last year’s submissions for inspiration. We look forward to seeing your dogs in their Halloween finery!
Our Facebook post is embedded below. Instagram folks, don’t forget to tag your photos with #DogWatchHalloween – see example below! And follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@dogwatchfence) for more great pet photos all year ’round.
View this post on Instagram
DogWatch Halloween Photo Contest Rules
- There are three ways to enter the contest: 1) post a photo(s) of your pet(s) in costume in the comments on the post pinned at the top of our Facebook page; 2) post a photo(s) of your pet(s) in costume on Instagram, tag @dogwatchfence, and include the hashtag #DogWatchHalloween in the caption; or 3) email your pet’s photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your pet’s name and breed.
- The contest will run from 12:00PM EST Wednesday, October 12, 2022 through 11:59PM EST Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- The winning photos will be determined by the DogWatch team. Criteria for judging includes creativity, photo composition and quality, attitude of the dog and number of likes and comments on Facebook and Instagram.
- Please keep the retouching and enhancing of your photos to a minimum. Instagram filters are OK, but too much obvious Photoshop work will affect judging.
- DogWatch employees, Dealers and their families are not eligible. (Sorry!)
- We will contact the winner via Facebook or Instagram on Monday, October 31, 2022. If the winner does not respond within 24 hours, the runner up will be selected.
- The first place winner will receive either a dog-friendly gift basket valued at $75 OR their choice of a DogWatch Training Product, including the BigLeash® Remote Trainer, the SideWalker® Leash Trainer or the BarkCollar™. In addition, a $500 donation will be made in the winner’s name to a pet-related charity or non-profit organization of their choice.
- The winning photo and several honorable mentions will be shared on the DogTails blog and via DogWatch’s social media accounts.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email us. Now get those cameras out, costumes on, and say cheese!